Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rain on my parade anyday...

"I get my best ideas in a thunderstorm.
I have the power and majesty of nature on my side."
-Ralph Steadman
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops
during thunderstorms in wet copper armour
shouting 'All the Gods are bastards.' "
-Terry Pratchett

What I Love About Thunderstorms:
-the smell and taste of the air
-snuggling up in bed, drinking tea, reading a good book
-the sound
-being with the people I love
-sleeping
-variety of umbrellas
-dancing
-getting completely soaked (when the ocassion permits itself)
-EVERYTHING


All my senses seem to be tingling with excitement. It's a different kinda of excitement, it's a more relaxed, engaging excitement. I can hear the thunder, the rain hitting the roof. I can see more life, people react to thunderstorms in all different ways...sometimes people help each other out, some hate the rain, some love it. You can feel the thunder in your chest. The taste and smell of the air is invigorating.

Thunderstorms could be my favorite thing ever.
"Maybe raindrops are the bravest things because they are never afraid of falling..."

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting!
Make your life lovely and do what makes you happy!