Thursday, January 21, 2010

Barbie Girl

"If Barbie is so popular than why do you have to buy her friends?"





I used to LOVE Barbies. All until 1st grade.

When I entered 1st grade I decided that I was too old and mature for Barbies, little did I know that since I made that bold statement I wouldn't be receiving basically the best Christmas gift EVER.

You know when someone asks, "What was your favorite gift you've ever received?"
Well, if I had gotten this gift it would be my answer 100%.

but NO, my first grade maturity got in the way of the best Christmas gift EVER:
A BARBIE DREAM HOUSE.
WITH AN ELEVATOR, WORKING BATH/SHOWER, AND LIT CHANDELIERS.
No joke.
A gift that I had to watch my parents give to my little cousins this Christmas.
After cleaning out our basement this past summer, my parents found a huge box labeled Barbie dream house.
UHHMM, EXCUSE ME?!

They said that they bought the $600 house on sale for $100, 2 weeks before I made the big announcement that I was too mature for the baby dolls. So they didn't give me the gift!? I'm SURE that had I received that gift that Christmas my opinions on my maturity would have changed.
Basically, I'm scarred for life. I could be going through a quarter life crisis if that's possible. Ever since I found out about the dream house I've been intrigued by Barbies. I got this book about the history of Barbie and I really think that she is so much more than just a plastic doll with fake boobs (and fake everything, actually). Barbies actually reflect history. That sounds silly but as history has changed/evolved so have they. As I've been finding out more and more about Barbie I have found inspiration in Barbie and what she stands for:
DREAMS. FANTASY. PINK. CREATIVITY.

An even less amazing version of my would-be Best Christmas Gift ever.


So I decided that since I couldn't have my Barbie Dream House,
I'm going to create a Barbie Dream House of my own.

My dream house probably won't be all pink and glittery but I want Barbie to be the inspiration for my life. Our lives really are our own personal Barbie Dream Houses. We have the power to decorate them whatever way we want and we have choices to do whatever we want. Everyone is the Barbie in their lives. We can achieve whatever we want with positivity, passion, and DREAMS. & a little pink too.

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
-William Arthur Ward

“If you don’t have a dream, how are you going to make it come true?”
-Oscar Hammerstein

“It may be those who do most, dream most.”
-Stepehn B. Leacock

...........................................................................................................

I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world

Life in plastic, it's fantastic

You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere

Imagination, life is your creation

-Barbie Girl by Aqua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!
Make your life lovely and do what makes you happy!